RMS looking for assistance

Chet Ramey
Richard Stallman is looking for a shell programmer to assist with
modifying a relatively complex script he uses to process messages and
access a specific URL. The script is in perl, but he is worried about
security issues processing URLs containing dangerous characters.

If you are interested in assisting, please contact [hidden email].

Chet
Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    [hidden email]    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/

Re: RMS looking for assistance

Stephane Chazelas-6
2020-05-27 10:19:35 -0400, Chet Ramey:
> Richard Stallman is looking for a shell programmer to assist with
> modifying a relatively complex script he uses to process messages and
> access a specific URL. The script is in perl, but he is worried about
> security issues processing URLs containing dangerous characters.
>
> If you are interested in assisting, please contact [hidden email].
[...]

ITYM [hidden email].

Alfred M. Szmidt <[hidden email]> is the maintainer of the GNU
networking utilities according to
https://www.gnu.org/people/people.html

Stephane

Re: RMS looking for assistance

Nimesh Neema

> ITYM [hidden email].

I have received a response from Alfred stating he has somebody already
working on it.

So the email address is correct.

Regards
Nimesh Neema <https://nimeshneema.com>

On 5/31/20 3:03 AM, Stephane Chazelas wrote:

> 2020-05-27 10:19:35 -0400, Chet Ramey:
>> Richard Stallman is looking for a shell programmer to assist with
>> modifying a relatively complex script he uses to process messages and
>> access a specific URL. The script is in perl, but he is worried about
>> security issues processing URLs containing dangerous characters.
>>
>> If you are interested in assisting, please contact [hidden email].
> [...]
>
> ITYM [hidden email].

I don't. Please don't contact rms directly; ams is coordinating this work.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    [hidden email]    http://tiswww.cwru.edu/~chet/