autoconf 2.69?

Roman Rakus
Support for the ARM 64 bit CPU architecture (aarch64) was introduced in
autoconf 2.69.  bash uses an earlier version of
autoconf, preventing its being built.

Is there any plan to upgrade to version 2.69. Looking at devel branch it
is using 2.68.

RR

Re: autoconf 2.69?

Mike Frysinger
On Wednesday 27 March 2013 11:44:32 Roman Rakus wrote:
> Support for the ARM 64 bit CPU architecture (aarch64) was introduced in
> autoconf 2.69.  bash uses an earlier version of
> autoconf, preventing its being built.

are you talking about config.{sub,guess}, or something else ?
-mike

Re: autoconf 2.69?

Chet Ramey

Re: autoconf 2.69?

Mike Frysinger
On Wednesday 27 March 2013 14:02:57 Chet Ramey wrote:

> On 3/27/13 1:07 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 March 2013 11:44:32 Roman Rakus wrote:
> >> Support for the ARM 64 bit CPU architecture (aarch64) was introduced in
> >> autoconf 2.69.  bash uses an earlier version of
> >> autoconf, preventing its being built.
> >
> > are you talking about config.{sub,guess}, or something else ?
>
> He's talking about config.{sub,guess}.  I updated them from the autoconf
> 2.69 versions a couple of days ago and they will be in the next snapshot.
that's what i figured.  i don't see why any distro would care what config.
{sub,guess} file gets shipped with package tarballs.  any sane package manger
should be transparently replacing them with the latest CVS snapshot from the
GNU config project.  leaving it to each package maintainer to manually update
it is ridiculous.

not that i'm against upstream people from updating their autotool versions.
-mike

Re: autoconf 2.69?

Chet Ramey