expand x*y concludes with one

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
# su - nobody
$ touch kaaaaam kaam kam
$ : k*m<TAB> #becomes:
$ : kaaaaam
$ sh
sh-4.4$ : k*m<TAB> #does a better job it seems:
kaaaaam  kaam     kam
sh-4.4$ : k*m

Re: expand x*y concludes with one

Chet Ramey
On 6/23/17 3:54 PM, 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson wrote:
> # su - nobody
> $ touch kaaaaam kaam kam
> $ : k*m<TAB> #becomes:
> $ : kaaaaam
> $ sh
> sh-4.4$ : k*m<TAB> #does a better job it seems:
> kaaaaam  kaam     kam
> sh-4.4$ : k*m

This has little information about the version of bash you're using and
whether or not you have bash-completion installed.

Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU    [hidden email]    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/

Re: expand x*y concludes with one

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
$ apt-cache policy bash bash-completion
bash:
  Installed: 4.4-5 ...
bash-completion:
  Installed: 1:2.1-4.3 ...
OK
$ INPUTRC=/dev/null bash
$ : k*m<TAB>
kaaaaam  kaam     kam

OK I suppose I should report a bug against the bash-completion package.

Re: expand x*y concludes with one

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
OK I submitted
against bash-completion.